Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Santa Barbara Family Vacation

Get ready, there will be a LOT of photos on this blog post edition.  


On May 11th my husband and I flew from Newark to LAX airport while my son flew from Boston to LAX airport to meet up and drive up to Santa Barbara to visit our daughter and son in law.  They are there for a few years while our son in law completes a post doc at UCSB.

We've been planning this trip since they moved there last September and I was hesitant to be traveling so very far away from my home (which you know I love).  Luckily I was pumped up with prednisone which made the time change negligible and my comfort levels tip top.


I was lucky enough to get to visit one LYS while there ( Loop and Leaf ).  So friendly and so full of yarn :)  I did buy one skein but that will be for different post.


My husband is quite patient while waiting outside the store, I wish I was as patient with him while he is in a used record vinyl store (I'm not...). They should pair the two together!

my son in law, daughter and son



I wish I could remember where I was when I snapped this sunset, it's glorious!  I decided not to take the big camera and relied solely on my iphone.  We did have a point and shoot but my husband was using that and I haven't gone through the photos yet.

son, daughter and son in law

me!! son in law husband daughter and son


Santa Barbara is a beautiful little city (town?) with lots of shops and beautiful views of the harbor, ocean and beaches. We were together every day, sightseeing a neighboring town and exploring Santa Barbara fully.  We made the very most of family time together.



the mission
 On Sunday morning, we attended Mass at Old Mission Santa Barbara.  The music was spectacular!  I love that no matter where you are in the world, when you go to a Catholic Mass everything is relatively the same -  just music changes :)



Our last day (Monday!?) we hung out in the town, chilling out and enjoying more time together. When my daughter calls and we chat I can have a visual of where she is when she talks about restaurants and places.  I loved seeing how happy they are together, makes a mom's heart happy.

I am experiencing another nasty RA flare and these days at home are most welcomed.  I'm sitting and resting and recovering!!  I saw the doctor yesterday and we have a treatment plan (again).  I cannot wait until my health returns back to normal!  

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar